Thursday 26 September 2013

new brooches, wear a little gentlework






I've been enjoying stitching these little brooches lately. When I'm making, I never throw any scrap of fabric or lace away, however small and I have boxes and tins of little bits and pieces all around my workroom. Is that something you do too? It's lovely to re-use these bits and bobs, adding a few precious buttons and highlighting with tiny beads, to turn them into something new. I like to add a few words, (typed on my vintage green typewriter!) for comfort or inspiration....

11 comments:

marie said...

Your brooches are so pretty...and so creative! I love every one of them. Sure wish I lived close enough to stop by one of the fairs you do!!
How do you add the little words? Do you type on fabric or little bits of paper?

KC'sCourt! said...

I found your wonderfully pretty blog just today! Those brooches are so lovely.
Julie

Jayne said...

They are so lovely Christine, I love them all. Jayne x

Bettina Breiding Hansen said...

So very very fantastic and beautiful!!!

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Pure perfection...
Susan x

The Rustic Victorian said...

Adorable!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Lovely brooches :)

Doni said...

Hello Christine!
I am Doni and I have just spent the most wonderful hour going through each photo on your blog. May I say that you are a true artist. Lovely beautiful work! Your stitching is amazing and I love your color combinations so much!
Please forgive me, but I just had to Pin a few of your creations. I found you from another blog's sidebar, and just couldn't quit looking at your work. I am so excited to find your blog. Please keep sharing what you make...it's all just wonderful!
Doni

Margaret said...

You inspire me to get out my needles and thread. Margaret

Ride Away! said...

Wow!! They are amazing. Really pretty. I would love to learn those creative things. You've a great hand I must say. :)

Unknown said...

Just lovely and like you I love to save my scraps and find special places to use them. I love making little books and postcards. Just beginning to figure out social media.